Well friends we have officially entered the deep freeze. I don't even really want to talk about it. Ideally I would just like to hibernate inside next to the fire with some tea and a good book. Is anyone else with me? Unfortunately life still carries on despite the ridiculous weather. Oh life. But in happier news I booked my flights to Florida. In 27 days I will be boarding a plane to spend two weeks on the beach. I can't wait!! Florida is definitely my happy place. I have been going there since I was 2 months old so it really is my second home. There is nothing like the beach and some sunshine to make you feel good about life again.
The recipe I have for you today makes a great healthy snack. And it's super easy! I know I have raved about the versatility of cauliflower before but I am going to do it once again. You can turn this great vegetable into almost anything! It's pretty amazing.
I am keeping it short and sweet today because I have to run. But as always I would love it if you stopped by my other social media pages:
Happy eating everyone!
1 large head cauliflower
2 TBSP coconut oil
2 TBSP grassfed butter or ghee
sea salt to taste
NOTE: if you are using a smaller head of cauliflower I would limit your oil to 3 TBSP
Other optional toppings: parmesan cheese, ground cinnamon, curry spice, chill powder, paleo friendly seasoning salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Cut your cauliflower into small florets
3. Place florets in a bowl
4. Melt coconut oil and butter in a microwave proof dish in the microwave
5. Poor melted oil over cauliflower florets
6. Season with sea salt or other optional toppings (** Except for cheese - add this at the end if using) and mix well
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread seasoned cauliflower florets over baking sheet
8. Cook for 40-50 minutes stirring every 15 minutes or so to ensure cauliflower cooks evenly. You know it's done when cauliflower is golden brown all over
9. Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: cooking time will vary depending on altitude and size of cauliflower used
There you have it everyone. An easy, healthy and delicious snack! I hope everyone has had a good weekend. Stay warm friends! And as always feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.