Well I just got back from Hamilton. I was there for yet another CARMS interview. I had never actually been there before which always make it easy to answer the question "why Hamilton?"
But that marks the end of my travelling around the country for interviews. My last one is Calgary on Thursday (please send me good vibes that day!) and then comes the waiting game. It feels good to be almost done though. This has been a bit of a stressful time that's for sure!
But enough about me... how about some food?
Now I can't really call this ice cream because there is no actual "cream" involved. That wouldn't be paleo, or SCD legal now would it? But this does have a similar texture to ice cream, and it's cold. So that's what I am going with. Sorry if I mislead you. But it is super easy to make, and doesn't require an ice cream maker which is nice.
3 ripe bananas (medium sized)
1/3 cup coconut butter
1/4 cup cacao butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp grassfed gelatin
Optional: 1-2 TBSP honey
1. Place a medium sized pot on the stove and turn to medium heat
2. Add all ingredients, except gelatin, to the pot and stir while heating
3. Once all your ingredients are melted and lumps are gone, remove from heat and stir in gelatin
4. Transfer ingredients to a glass or ceramic bowl
5. Place bowl in freezer
6. Stir ingredients every 30 minutes or so until the "ice cream" is the texture that you desire (mine took about 2 hours)
7. Serve and enjoy! Depending on how large your serving sizes this makes about 4 servings
Note: If you don't eat it all right away this can be kept in the fridge but the texture will change due to the gelatin so just be prepared for that