Now I know I have been bad at posting meat recipes which is weird because I eat a lot of meat. Three meals a day in fact (usually anyways). I just never feel like my meat recipes are all that exciting compared to my baking. But lets be honest, life isn't always exciting so I will try and post some more of my day to day meat recipes.
The first one I am sharing with you is Lemon Butter Seasoned Chicken. I don't really know where the inspiration for this one came from other than I had a lot of lemons in my fridge and some chicken legs that needed to be cooked. Ta da! (are you annoyed of me yet? I would be)
Lemon Butter Seasoned Chicken (SCD, Paleo, Meat)
10 chicken legs (preferably raised without antibiotics or hormones)
1/2 cup butter
Juice from 1 lemon
Simply Organic's Grilling Seasons Chicken Seasoning (where to buy)
1. Rinse your chicken legs, pat dry and place in a large metal or glass pan and preheat oven to 350F
2. In a microwave safe dish combine butter and lemon juice. Heat in microwave for 30-40 sec (until butter is melted)
3. Pour butter mixture over chicken legs. Flip once to coat both sides
4. Coat each chicken leg with your seasoning
5. Place in oven and cook for 50 minutes at 350F
I paired mine with steamed cauliflower, butternut squash and coconut oil. What will you do with yours?
I hope everyone is having a good long weekend!