Well everyone it's Sunday. Which means tomorrow it's back to work. Oh goody!
I hope everyone has had a good weekend! Mine has been filled with a lot of homework but I did have time to fit in a bit of baking today. I hope you like these! I made these cookies a few times over the holidays and I am still not sick of them. That is a sign of a good cookie if you ask me.
Cinnamon Ginger Cookies (SCD, Paleo, Egg Free, Dairy Free)
2 1/2 cups almond flour
5 TBSP butter or coconut oil (to make it dairy free)
1/3 cup honey
2 TBSP Organic gluten free vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground ginger (I know it seems like a lot, but trust me it works!)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground all spice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Place almond flour and butter in a glass bowl
2. Microwave bowl for 1 minute on high to melt butter
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well with a pastry blender
4. Preheat oven to 300 F
5. Form dough into balls approximately 1.5 inches in diameter and place on a cookie sheet
6. Flatten balls with a fork (make a criss-cross pattern) (**tip: if you wet the fork the dough won't stick to it)
7. Bake cookies for 15 minutes
8. Turn oven down to 200 F and cook for an additional 12-16 minutes (this depends on your texture preference, the cookies will turn out softer if cooked for 12 minutes but will be more like ginger snaps if cooked for longer)
9. Remove cookies from oven and cool for a few minutes before transferring to a plate or rack to cool completely (DON'T let these cool completely on the cookie sheet or they will be VERY hard to remove - trust me I did that the first time I made these and it wasn't fun!)
That's it! You're done! Now try to eat just one, I dare you!
These go great with some chai tea. But if you ask me pretty much anything goes with chai tea. Yum
Let me know how these turn out for you! I am always open to suggestions and feedback!