You guys I am so excited to share this week’s recipe with you. Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread. Need I say more? I should just end this post right here and let you get to the recipe. But I won’t. After all this is the only time you get to hear about my week, and all the exciting things going on in my life (sarcasm folks, sarcasm).
But seriously this recipe. Think dense, moist, chocolatey goodness with a drizzle of coconut on top. And while this is made in a bread pan I must be honest. This is basically a cake. A healthy cake. A healthy chocolate cake. A healthy chocolate cake that doesn’t contain any nuts, dairy or grains. No it’s not impossible. Just because you are eating healthy, or have certain food allergies or intolerances doesn’t mean you should have to miss out on things like chocolate banana bread. At least not if you ask me. Because life just wouldn’t be very exciting without a little chocolate once in a while. Right?
So what have I been up to this last week? Well pretty much just the usual suspects like work, working out, working on my research project, working on my upcoming presentations, finishing an abstract… wow my life sounds miserable. It’s not that bad I promise. It’s way better than last year anyways. It’s all relative folks.
I also started watching Narco on Netflix. Has anyone else been watching? Can we just talk about how crazy that show is for a second? I had no idea it was that bad in Columbia before! Seriously the amount of money the drug trade brought in and the number of people killed blows my mind. I live in such a sheltered little world… Not that I am complaining about that but it just makes me realize how naive I am. Needless to say I am officially addicted.
1/3 cup melted coconut oil (this is my favourite kind)
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup brewed organic coffee
3 large free run eggs
1 TBSP organic vanilla extract
1 cup coconut flour (I use this brand)
1/2 cup cacao powder (find it here)
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I recommend this brand)
1/2 tsp sea salt
Small amount of coconut oil to grease the pan
Optional: Melted coconut butter/ manna for drizzling (find it here)
1. Preheat your oven to 350F
2. Add all the ingredients to your mix-master and mix on medium speed until smooth
3. Grease your 9″ x 5″ bread pan with coconut oil
4. Line the bread pan with parchment paper
5. Transfer the batter to the lined bread pan, and spread evenly with a knife or spoon
6. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 44-48 minutes (mine took 46 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15-30 minutes. If adding the optional drizzle do that now (simply drip the melted coconut butter over the loaf in the pattern of your choice)
8. Serve and enjoy!
YIELD: One loaf
NOTE: This bread keeps well in the fridge for at least a week
*** Pin This Recipe For Later ***