Simply Organic Grilling Vegetable Seasoning
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. Cut avocados in half, remove the pits, and place the green flesh into a glass or plastic bowl
2. Add lemon and lime juice to avocados and mash well with a fork
3. Once avocados have the texture you desire add the remaining ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours to enhance flavour
5. Remove from fridge, serve and enjoy!
NOTE: I keep this in the fridge for a few days afterwards and it gets more flavourful the longer it sits
For a sweet guacamole: Add diced pineapple or mango
For some spice: Add a few drops of hot sauce like Frank’s or Tabasco, or a diced hot pepper or two
For extra flavour: Add 1/4 cup diced onion or diced black olives
Now what do I eat this with do you ask? So many things! I have yet to find something that it doesn’t taste good with, but some of my favourites are:
Bacon (just trust me on this one)
Raw vegetables: Carrots, celery, cucumber etc.
As a meat topping for chicken, pork or beef dishes
Sweet potato french fries (the same goes for squash or carrot fries)
Now there are also many paleo friendly chip and cracker recipes out there that would go great with this if you want to go the more traditional route. Really you just can’t go wrong with this one!
TIP: To keep your guacamole from going brown if it sits in the fridge keep one of the avocado pits in the guacamole. Genius I know! I actually can’t take the credit for that little tid bit. That one comes from my sister. I don’t know where she learned it but it truly works. Try it and see!