1 package organic ground beef (mine was 85% lean) – you can buy this here
1 package shredded brussel sprouts (or shred about 3 cups worth of whole ones yourself)
1 organic apple, peeled (I used a Pink Lady because they are my favourite! But any apple should do)
1 medium yellow onion
1. Place large frying pan/ skillet on burner and turn to medium heat
2. Place a few tablespoons of desired fat in pan (I used butter, you could also use ghee, coconut oil etc)
3. Add ground beef to oil and cook for a couple minutes
4. Add shredded brussel sprouts to beef and cook together until meat is no longer red
5. While meat and sprouts are cooking peel your apple, then chop it and the onion into your desired sized pieces
6. Once meat is no longer red add the chopped apple and onion to pan and cook until the onion is clear (5 or so minutes)
7. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
8. Let cool for a couple minutes and enjoy!
Optional: Top with organic butter or ghee for additional fat
Yes that was a very simple recipe I know… but sometimes simple meals are just as good as complicated ones! I have actually made this a couple times in the last week so you can tell that I like it!
Would you eat this? Would you make any changes? I would also suggest using bacon instead of the ground beef. If anyone tries this let me know!